Sega, the creator of iconic titles such as Golden Axe, Sonic the Hedgehog, Phantasy Star series games has announced another new game for the smartphones named as Revolve8: Episodic Dueling. According to Sega, this new game will be a Real-time Strategy video game.
The game is created by none other than the duo of Masayoshi Kikuchi and Koji Igaashi. Additionally, Revolve8: Episodic Dueling will offer various funky heroes. Each player in the game will hold a deck of 88 cards each having its own strengths and weaknesses. The ultimate goal of the game is to destroy the opponent’s towers within the allowed time limit of three minutes at tops.
The game has pretty simple rules as compared to other titles of the similar nature. However, the cards are way more powerful than you’ve seen in any other game. The card has some unique hero skills that open up players to challenging strategy based duels.
Revolve8: Episodic Dueling offers characters such as Cinderella, Red Riding Hood, and Sinbad. The key features of the game include real-time duels which are strategically deep and offer plenty of room for the game-play. Additionally, players will have a total of three deck type to better form their strategies. These three decks are classified as Assault Decks, Siege Decks, and Counter Decks.
In addition to all this, Each hero in the game has two sets of skills such as Normal Skill and Special Skill. Moreover, players can also learn the basics of the games by going through various quests. Closed Beta for Revolve8: Episodic Dueling is also set for a release on October 23rd. It’ll stay available until November 2nd, 2:00 am UTC, and 11:00 pm JST. The registration for the Closed Beta will remain available from today October 10 until October 22.
Sega has also released a launch trailer for the game that you can check out below. Do let us know about your views on the announcement of Revolve8: Episodic Dueling.
Here is the full rundown of Revolve8: Episodic Dueling as shared by Sega.
A brand new real-time-strategy game created by Masayoshi Kikuchi and Koji Igarashi.
This all-star team brings to the table a cast of funky Heroes who will shatter your expectations. The player wields a deck of eight cards, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. They then aim to destroy their opponent’s towers within the time limit of three minutes to achieve victory. The rules are simple, but the cards and powerful Hero skills they use opens up players to fun and strategic real-time duels.
Learn more about Revolve8 on our official Facebook and official website.
- Senior Producer: Masayoshi Kikuchi (producer of Yakuza, director of Jet Set Radio)
- Character Designer: Koji Igarashi (creator of the Igavania genre)
- Character Artist: Ryota-H
- Sound Producer: Shunsuke Tsuchiya, Yasunori Mitsuda
Join our funky fairy tale Heroes as reimagined by Koji Igarashi, including:
- Cinderella: An idol that loves motorcycles. Her producer, the Fairy Godmother, was smart to exploit her mad riding skills which is how she is gaining popularity. But since she still has a lot to learn, her contract has to be renewed every night at 12 o’clock.
- Red Riding Hood: Fashion and social media are all she cares about. Posting the next best pic, getting more followers and likes mean everything!
- Sinbad: An explorer that sails the seas with his crew. People are drawn to him and he leaves a lasting impression wherever he goes, usually for performing some form of heroic deed. However, his vanity increases along with his fame.
- Strategically deep, real-time duels: Understand the strengths and weaknesses of your cards, classified into “Heroes”, “Minions”, “Buildings”, and “Magic”. Choose them wisely to form a strategy and win!
- Guide your strategy with 3 deck types: When a player builds a deck, the game will automatically assign one of the three deck types to it as a way to help set up a strategy.
- Assault Decks: Lets you go deep into enemy lines.
- Siege Decks: Focuses on attacking long distance.
- Counter Decks: Looks for opportunities to counterattack
- Lead your team to victory with 2 skill types: Each Hero has a “Normal Skill” and a “Special Skill”. Special Skills can be used only once by the deck leader, whereas Normal Skills can be used every 30 seconds by one of the Heroes in the deck. These skills can potentially turn the battle around when used correctly.
- Learn the basics by going through Quests: Learn the basics of battle and the strengths / weaknesses of each Hero through single-player quests.
Closed Beta Test
Registration for both the Closed Beta Test and Pre-registration Campaign both start today on the Revolve8 official website. The times are as follows:
- October 23 to November 2 at 2:00 a.m. (UTC)
- October 23 to November 2 at 11:00 p.m. (JST)
Closed Beta Test pre-registration is open from October 10 at 9:00 to October 22 at 14:59 (UTC) / October 10 at 18:00 to October 22 at 23:59 (JST).
Pre-registration is also open from today. If the number of pre-registrations exceed 10,000, all applicants will receive the Hero “Kintaro” when the game officially launches!