The latest update 1.28 for Friday the 13th: The Game has just been released by IllFonic and Gun Media. The latest update 1.28 has finally brought in the much-awaited Dedicated Servers feature to the game. This new feature is available only on consoles and is bound to offer some crucial fixes to the game.
The new update launched now on PS4 and it is now available to download. Fans can now use the new dedicated servers for the game.
In addition, for all those fans who have Friday the 13th: The Game installed on their consoles, this new patch will update it to version 1.28. The update 1.28 patch notes are also released by the developer. Some of the key changes in the update 1.28 are as follows.
The biggest issue of the game “Interaction Locked” is now resolved in update 1.28. In addition to that, Issues with Part 5 Shift Duration of Jason are also now fixed. Fans will no longer experience a Sense loss. Similarly, various other game issues with Jason are resolved in Update 1.28.
Issues with Counselors and Vehicles in the game are now fixed as part of the new update. Adjustments to car escape volumes, maps edges, boat start alert, mini-game prompts, Jason’s walk through cars, and the reverse camera is made in the update 1.28.
Moreover, fans will now find that some general issues with the game are also adjusted. Counselor’s exploit locations, pancake large map spawn, proper medical spray spawns, are now fully addressed in the update 1.28.
Also, the issues with Jarvis House, Pinehurst, and Single-player challenges are resolved permanently.
Check out Friday the 13th: The Game Update 1.28 Patch Notes below.
- Addressed several issues that were causing players to be interaction locked
- Fixed an issue with Part 5 Jason’s Shift Duration being lower than intended
- Sense is no longer automatically cancelled when Jason enters the water
- Jason’s pickaxe kill “Canopener” now appears as “Neck Twisted” instead of “Decapitated on the scoreboard
- Fixed an issue where window environment kills may temporarily become inaccessible if Jason grabs a counselor that is in the process of vaulting through the window
- Counselors that have been pulled out of a vehicle will now display the correct struggle animation
- Small items (medical sprays, firecrackers, etc.) are no longer usable for the counselor that is performing the sweater stun
- Addressed an issue that would sometimes cause the player to become stuck if the player opened the map while vaulting through a window
- Added additional countermeasures to prevent players from being able to stand on top of cars
- Made adjustments to the car escape volumes to prevent vehicles from falling off the map
- Starting a boat will once again alert Jason via sound effect
- Fixed an issue where the repair mini game prompt may temporarily not appear if the player is rapidly toggling the repair interact button repeatedly
- Fixed an issue that caused Jason to be able to walk through cars under certain conditions
- Fixed an issue where the reverse camera on the vehicles may sometimes not be working properly
- Addressed several counselor exploit locations
- The medical spray static spawns on the Crystal Lake Large map and the Packanack Large map will once again properly spawn medical sprays
- Note: The location of static spawners for medical sprays have been adjusted on each map (including Crystal Lake Large and Packanack Large) for this patch and the previous patch.
- Fixed an issue where a car battery may spawn in an unreachable location
- Fixed an issue where the boat may disappear upon exiting through any of the Pinehurst boat escape volumes
Single Player Challenges
- Fixed an issue that caused players to become stuck when activating a stalker point while entering combat stance at the same time.
Friday the 13th: The Game is available to play on both Xbox One and PS4. The update 1.28 for the game adds the dedicated server feature on the consoles.