Epic Games have recently announced that Fortnite will be getting new In-game Tournaments next week. The publisher has also confirmed that the In-game tournaments will release with the next major update for Fortnite.
According to Epic Games, these new tournaments will run at a specific date and time. They will remain available for a limited time until the next tournament. Players will be able to score points and then use them to earn pins. This will, in turn, help players win various in-game rewards and prizes.
We are excited to announce the new In-Game Tournaments system, launching this week!
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) October 15, 2018
According to Epic games on how these tournaments will work;
Each tournament has a series of scheduled dates and times during which the competition will be run. Each of these scheduled sessions is a completely clean slate – all players will begin with the same score and compete over several hours of intense competition to earn as many points as possible. Players can earn points by either achieving high placements or eliminating multiple opponents.
Matchmaking during a tournament session will pair players with similar point standings, so if you’re playing well within the session you’ll find yourself matched with stronger opponents. Tournaments will feature a target score to strive towards – reaching this score will award you with a shiny pin celebrating your accomplishment. In the future, earning a pin may advance you to the next round of a tournament or qualify you to win prizes.
All these Fortnite In-game Tournaments will support the Crossplay as well. Players will need to opt into the Crossplay to participate. Additionally, all the Keyboard, Mouse, Touchpad, and Controller players will be able to compete against each other as well. This new feature will probably be offered in the game as Epic Games has previously said that they’ve been monitoring the progress of all these players. The also said that they have found all the Keyboard and Mouse players equally competitive as the controller players. Some players on Controllers or Keyboard and Mouse may negate it, but in reality, now, everybody is equal in the game and is in fact in the same pool.
Following is the Full Schedule of the upcoming Fortnite In-Game Tournaments.
Upcoming Fortnite In-Game Tournaments
Alpha Tournament (Solo)
- Dates: October 16 – October 21
- Description: Participate in the first in-game tournament, spanning across several days of daily competition!
Beta Tournament (Duo)
- Dates: October 23 – October 25
- Description: Grab a friend and take on the world – until you are the last two left.
Friday Night Fortnite (Squad)
- Dates: October 19 – November 30
- Description: Join your friends every Friday and kick off your weekend with some exciting Squad action.
Salty Springs Cup (Solo)
- Dates: October 27 – October 31
- Description: One week and three attempts to prove you’re the saltiest that Salty Springs has to offer.
Tomato Temple Cup (Duo)
- Dates: October 28 – November 1
- Description: Become legends of the Tomato Temple Cup.